Type, Talent and Teams: Using the Enneagram for Investment Firm Success. Click here to download the pdf.
Lessons on Leadership (LOL): For leaders who don’t think they need lessons on leadership. Click here to download the pdf.
Money, Meaning and Mindsets: Radical Reform for the Investment Industry. Click here to download the pdf.
Below you’ll find a list of our whitepapers and other writings in order of date published.
- Teaming Effectively: 3 Key Factors
- Top Performing Equity Teams
- Collective Insights 2016 – A Letter to Asset Managers Jim Ware’s contribution to Collective Insights July 21st Edition
- The people you meet in the investment world: Jim Ware’s contribution to Collective Insights Winter Edition
- The Folly of Blame
- The Investment Challenge: Remaining Relevant through Compelling Value
- CFA Cover Story: “Blame, Accountability, and Performance: When a firm’s culture plays the blame game, performance loses.”
- Does a Culture of Blame Predict Poor Perfomance for Asset Managers?
- Economic Implications of an Older World (Morningstar)
- Compensation: Getting it Right
- People Alpha by Citi
- Linking Strong Culture to Success
- The ART of Tribal Peace: Effective Collaboration across Silos
- Managing Culture: Leaders as Shapers of Reality
- Genius (from Chapter 8 of High Performing Investment Teams)
- Investment Beliefs: Separating the Real Stuff from the Fluff
- Investment Executive Article: Taking emotion out of investment decisions
- The Red X – Managing the Outliers of the Investment Firm
- CFA Cover Story: Sludge
- Investment Tribes
- Reading List for Investment Leaders
- Crisis Lessons
- Challenge of an Ethical Leadership
- The Trust Project
- Culture as a Strategic Advantage
- Decision Making: A Process Check for Investment Firms
- Navigating the Life Stages of Investment Firms
- The Adaptive Leader
- Applied Behavioral Finance
- The Black Swan and High-Performing Investment Teams
- Communication: The Same-Page Challenge
- Compensation and Ownership
- Ethical Leadership in the Investment Firm
- Investment Process Review
- The Leadership Edge
- Stress Management for Investment Professionals
- What Type of Investor Are You?
- Why Every Investor Should Meditate
Jim’s Journal: Lessons on Leadership (LOL)
- Culture and Teams
- Defining Values
- Candor-Hard and Soft
- Culture is Not a Project
- Open and Productive Debates
- Culture and Behavior Change
- Holiday Gift – Time Management
- Teamwork is NOT the Answer
- The Astonishing Absence of Purpose
- Emotional Intelligence
- Self Awareness
- Transactional vs. Relational
- The Trust Ceiling: An Upper Limit on Success
- Three Keys to Strong Leadership Teams
- Top Performing Equity Teams in Practice
- Conflict Resolution
- Purpose Power: Motivating Investment Professionals
- What is your belief system?
- Money, Meaning and Mindsets
- Best Investment Teams Secret Sauce
- Values-Driven Leadership
- Managing Millennials
- The Ideal Team Player
- Purpose in the Investment Industry
- FAQs on Trust
- No, Gordon, Greed is NOT Good
- Trust Repair Kit for putting out Kitchen Fires
- Comments on HBR Headline “You Can’t Fix Culture“
- Treat Trust Issues like Kitchen Fires
- Money and Motivation
- Assessing Leaders
- Are you all in?
- Who Keeps You Honest?
- Playing with Purpose
- Willful Blindness
- Accountability – The Hard Part
- Accountability – Agreements and Appreciation
- Building a Client Centric Culture: Reality or Blindspot?
- Accountability: Don’t Take the Sucker’s Bet
- Highlights from FCG’s 2015 Leadership Conference
- Competition: Healthy vs. Toxic
- Meaning and Money: finding your white hot why
- Respect in the Workplace
- Autonomy as a Culture Magnet
- Trust: The Performance Platform
- The Character of Leaders
- Culture Case Study: Good to Great
- Give the CEO a break!
- Help! We are not ready for the New Era
- Selling in the New Era
- Clear Leadership
- Appreciation: Can you stand just a little more?
- Secret Weapon
- Swallowing the Hard Truth: Alpha is Disappearing
- Learn or Die
- Introverts and Investing
- Leading the Red X: Dealing with Clever People (part 2)
- Defining the Red X: the Characteristics of Clever People (part 1)
- FAB 2014
- Givers and Takers in the Investment World
- Are you friends with your colleagues at work?
- Thanks for the Feedback
- Women, Maslow and the Complete Firm
- Fiduciary Capitalism vs. Financial Capitalism
- Can you say what your strategy is?
- Flash Boys
Year End Letters