- This event has passed.
HIQI Webinar: Book Review: Return of the Active Manager with Jason Voss, CFA
February 21 @ 12:00 pm - 12:20 pm
Join us as Jason A. Voss, CFA, reviews his new co-authored book: Return of the Active Manager.
Emotional behavior and biases run throughout financial markets. This is the diagnosis of behavioral finance.
But it is not enough to know that investors make biased decisions. What do we do about it? How do we move beyond diagnosis, to prescription? Return of the Active Manager provides a set of tools for investment professionals to overcome and take advantage of behavioral biases.
The book details actionable advice on topics such as:
• Behaviorally-enhanced fundamental analysis,
• Active equity fund evaluation and selection,
• Harnessing big data,
• How to better structure your investment firm to ensure its competitiveness,
• How to recognize and avoid behavioral biases, and
• How to extract behavioral insights from executives of prospective investments